Essex Supports – Reducing Mental Health Crisis
To reduce the number of crisis mental health incidents
How we will work:
• Look to reduce demand pressures upstream - The system needs to prevent incidents escalating and we need to identify the most effective points to provide information, advice and guidance.
• Make best use of data analytics – understanding local needs and pathways
• Link with other projects (e.g. garden communities, Active Essex, and with the wider public health agenda)
• Identifying risk factors and common triggers
• Work with frontline services to identify the information, advice and support needed to prevent crisis
• Explore what training is required for frontline services to recognise and manage mental distress and identify potential contributory factors
Essex system sponsors of this work are Ian Davidson Chief Executive of Tendring District Council and Anthony Forster Chancellor of the University of Essex.
• Literature review on risk factors and early identification of crisis