Apply now to Leading Greater Essex
The closing date for applications to the Leading Greater Essex programme has now passed.
If you would like to discuss making a late application, or would like to join the waiting list for the 2019-20 Leading Greater Essex programme please contact us at email@example.com
Leading Greater Essex application guidelines
An application form should be completed if you wish to apply to participate in the Leading Greater Essex programme. Your nominating sponsor i.e. CEO or alternative from your organisation should also complete part of the application.
Download the application form here.
Participants and sponsors are requested to consider, discuss, and agree, the following requirements before submitting completed application forms:
- Operating in a role that enables you to impact on system capability and/or delivery – embracing a broad range of roles such as commissioning, operations, finance, strategy, ICT etc.
- High performing and seen as a leader with potential
- Seen as an exemplar of desired leadership behaviours
- Display personal commitment to being selected for this programme – to be evidenced by submission of compelling case for inclusion
- Have the support and sponsorship of your Chief Officer to participate in the programme.
Commitment and attendance
- Participant fee of £2,000 will be paid on acceptance onto the programme and will be non-refundable (NB; VCS applicants can apply for one of five bursary funded places).
- Participants will be required to commit to attending the launch event in June 2018, the celebration event at the end of the 12-month programme and regular events spread over the programme. An additional requirement of approximately half a day a week will be required to apply learning and move forward on related project work.
- Completion of the application form confirms acceptance of commitment and attendance requirements; in seeking and accepting a place on the programme participants are making an important commitment to be part of an active learning community. Full participation in the programme is compulsory, absence will be authorised in exceptional circumstances.
Organisational sponsors will receive regular updates on the progress of the collaborative including any attendance or commitment concerns.
Submission and further information
Completed application forms should be submitted by midday on Tuesday 1 May 2018. Participants will then be contacted directly with further information. Submission of this form does not confirm a place, in the event that we receive more nominations than there are places we will review nominations in terms of organisational representation and spread and will set up a waiting list for future cohorts of the programme.
Any questions on the requirements above and nomination process should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completing the application
There are four sections to the application, each section must be completed:
1. Participant details
2. Participant application questions (character limit for each question = 1200 characters including spaces):
- Please briefly describe your current role and responsibilities
- Please describe your interest in leading the broader “whole Essex” system
- Please describe your leadership style and behaviours, including commenting upon areas you wish to develop
- Please give an example of collaboration you are involved with as part of your current role Please describe how your organisation will benefit from your involvement with the Leading Greater Essex programme.
3. Sponsor details
4. Sponsor questions (character limit for each question = 1200 characters including spaces):
- Please can you outline, in your opinion, the leadership qualities and potential of this applicant
- Please can you outline how this programme will assist your organisation's future plans and the support you can give during the programme.
Participants should complete the first two sections before sending the application form to their sponsor to complete the final two sections.
Once the sponsor has completed their sections and submitted the form, participants will receive a confirmation email that will include a copy of the application responses.
Further information about the Leading Greater Essex programme is available here.